Winter is the best time to start planning your spring landscaping projects. Researching ideas and putting together a blueprint for landscape renovation or remodeling can take a while. You may go through a few iterations before firming up a plan. Starting early will help you maximize your growing time and results.
Guidelines for planning your spring landscaping projects:
- Research your options. Books, magazines, the Internet, neighboring properties, etc. are a great inspiration.
- Know your growing conditions. The kind of soil, weather and drainage impacts the type of plants and trees you can have and the related maintenance time and cost.
- Choose flora and fauna that will thrive in your landscape with less water and minimal landscape maintenance requirements.
- Map out your landscaping area to know how much space you have to work with (for planting as well as hardscapes).
- Examine your plant and tree options giving careful consideration to the amount of growing space they require.
- Explore sustainable (eco-friendly) landscaping for reduced cost maintenance and savings. There are many drought tolerant, insect and disease resistant shrubs, trees, and ornamental grasses that are very attractive and low maintenance.
- Determine your watering needs and select a system that will provide adequate amounts while eliminating wastage. A CLCA Certified water manager will be able to help you avoid overuse penalties.
- Follow the recommended planting time and instructions for the most satisfying results.
Start planning your spring landscaping projects right now. Identify an experienced landscape management company that can help meet your design and installation needs efficiently, on time and on budget.