Archive for the ‘property management’ Category
Add color to your landscape to make it stand out. It’s not difficult; but you need a proper plan. Strategic placement delivers the wow factor as opposed to creating an eyesore. Here are some useful tips to help you:
- Have a point of reference—look at landscaping magazines, search ideas on the Internet or visualize your own landscaping design and color scheme
- Go to your local nursery to see what is available—local plants will thrive in your soil and weather conditions so you are more likely to achieve satisfying results
- Decide how you are going to exhibit the colorful plants e.g. flowerbeds, planters, window boxes, etc.
- Include trees, shrubs and plants with colorful leaves to add different textures and hues—don’t forget to add some perennials for long term value
- Try desert landscaping; it is equally attractive and offers a rich burst of color but has low water requirements and is therefore, ideal for drought-prone California
- Find strategic locations for your colorful plants like entryways, near lawn benches, around a water feature or a gazebo
- Group appropriate plants together for maximum efficiency; both from the maintenance and irrigation point of view
- Less is more; achieving the right appeal comes from how you showcase your plants, not how many you use
- Maintenance is key; so make sure your landscape is tended to by experienced hands that deliver the care it needs
An experienced landscape design and maintenance service will be able to advise you on plant choices and make sure your property looks great in all seasons. Consult the experts when planning to add color to your landscape.
Tailored commercial landscape management services can ensure that your San Francisco Bay Area property gets the right care to flourish and look great year round. Weather, soil conditions and upkeep play an important role in determining an effective landscape maintenance plan.
What to look for in a commercial landscaping company?
- Comprehensive landscaping services: Every landscape has a variety of requirements e.g. lawn maintenance, tree care, pest control, irrigation repairs and water management. Get maximum value by engaging a company that can attend to all your landscaping needs rather than deal with various service providers.
- Landscaping design expertise: Whether you are renovating, adding to your existing landscape or aiming to convert to sustainable landscaping, your contractor must have the knowledge and experience to fulfill your vision.
- Personalized property management: Make sure your landscape management service gives your property the individualized attention it deserves. Fertilization routines, pest control, soil amendments, etc. are important and specific to your property’s conditions.
- Sustainable practices: Sustainable landscaping practices are not only better for the environment they also lower your maintenance expenses and reduce wastage. Drip irrigation and mulching, for instance, will improve landscape health while lowering water usage and the amount of green waste going to the landfill.
- Qualifications and experience: Knowledge, experience and training deliver the right care for your landscape. Make sure your property is in good hands.
Meet with a couple of well-known landscaping companies in order to identify the best one for the job. A proven contractor will automatically offer tailored commercial landscape services for best results.
Office park landscaping design and maintenance impacts your corporate image. Property appearance plays an important role in how clients and visitors perceive you. It also speaks volumes of how you conduct business. You want to make the right impression.
What are the different types of office park landscaping opportunities?
- Tree planting and maintenance: Trees not only beautify your space and purify the air around you but they can also reduce your heating expenses. Strategically placed plants offer a cool shelter and also shield your premises from extreme heat. Provide them with the right tree care to keep them healthy and vibrant.
- Flower planting programs: Seasonal flower planting helps you to have a fresh burst of color and change the look of your landscape at different times through the year. You can have a variety of beautiful local plants that will thrive in your growing conditions with minimal care.
- Lawn care service: Maintaining a healthy and vibrant lawn in a golf course or a commercial campus is not without challenges. Lawn care professionals have the experience and the equipment to ensure satisfying results. Leave it to the experts.
- Parking lot care: A neat and clean parking lot creates a favorable impression on your visitors. Keeping it that way, however, requires effort. Hire a parking lot sweeping and hauling service to manage litter and garbage efficiently.
- Day porter services: Daily building and landscape maintenance (washroom, windows, garbage removal, etc.) requires a lot of manpower. Day porter services can take care of these needs without adding to your headcount.
An established landscape company offering day porter services can successfully meet your office park landscaping requirements.
FloraTerra offers reduced cost landscaping options for commercial and retail locations. Property owners benefit from saving on maintenance costs and increased environmental responsiveness. Our new Clean and Green® Maintenance Program, for example, is specifically designed to cover your most significant requirements using environmentally-friendly practices and can lower your landscaping expenses by up to 33%.
How do we achieve reduced cost landscaping?
- We understand the most critical components of landscape maintenance and offer you the best service at the best price.
- We know seasonal growth patterns of plant materials most commonly used in our region and help you select those that will thrive in your growing conditions. This reduces the time, effort and money spent on keeping them healthy and vibrant.
- We can suggest sustainable landscaping ideas (like drought-resistant plants, drip irrigation, etc.) to further enhance your savings.
- Advanced landscape waste reduction techniques (like natural lawn care) keeps your property clean and green while minimizing your environmental impact.
- Your property will receive irrigation programing and monitoring to help significantly reduce your water requirements and expenses.
- Efficient maintenance operations deliver exceptional results at affordable rates.
FloraTerra Landscape Management is one of the few landscaping companies providing solutions that have been specially engineered to minimize annual landscape maintenance costs for property owners and managers. Contact us for reduced cost landscaping options for commercial and retail locations in the Bay Area and across Northern California.
A Landscape Industry Certified Manager brings knowledge and experience to every project ensuring absolute satisfaction and more importantly, peace of mind. Intensive study of the critical components of landscaping offset by best practices deliver measurable results for landscape installation, renovation and maintenance.
What is a Landscape Industry Certified Lawn Care Manager?
He/she is a professional landscaper who has completed the distance-based, self-study certificate course in the principles of turf grass management including growth, development, irrigation, disease, fertilization, mowing, trouble-shooting and customer relations. Candidates have 12 months to complete the 14 lessons offered through the University of Georgia (distance learning program) which are appropriate for all regions of the United States. Applicants can arrange to take the exam at a nearby university or college. Exams must be passed with a score of 70% or better.
Landscaping companies whose staff has achieved this certification demonstrate their commitment to best practices and typically employ the latest, environmentally safe technology to achieve outstanding results. This is especially advantageous for California commercial property owners and managers looking for reduced cost landscaping and maintenance.
Are you considering switching to a sustainable landscape or for clean and green, cost-saving landscape options? Get in touch with a company that has a Landscape Industry Certified Manager on their team.
Leaf removal from drains, rooftops and gutters prevents flooding, leaks and property damage.
Every fall, blocked drains, caused by accumulated leaves result in unsafe surroundings and accidents on properties and roadways. Leaves that wash away into local streams and rivers also affect water quality and aquatic life. The cost of landscape maintenance and leaf pickup is far less when compared to the hundreds of dollars spent on damages.
What you should know:
- Blocked roof drains and downspouts lead to ponding. Accumulated water will find a way to leak into buildings, damaging structure, décor and furnishings. Constant dampness also encourages mold.
- Choked drains on your driveways, parking lots and around the building can be quite dangerous, often leading to flooding and other such conditions. This is a threat to building stability as well as employee and visitor safety.
- Clogged gutters and sewers tend to impair drainage, leading to pipe leaks, cracks and bursts. An obstructed drain could result in nasty backups, and thus, swampy and unhealthy conditions. This mess can bring down the value of your property.
Timely leaf removal from drains, rooftops and gutters helps you maintain neat, clean premises and safe conditions, especially in the winter.
Employ experienced leaf removal services during fall to keep drains, rooftops and gutters clear and clean throughout the winter.
Winter preparation of parking lots and drainage is crucial to the safety of your employees and visitors. It also helps maintain neat and clean premises. Negligence may result in personal injuries and damage to property.
Tips on Winter Preparation of Parking Lots and Drains:
- Clear debris such as fallen leaves, twigs, branches and rubble from your parking lot as well as from the nearby grassy patches or tree beds. You don’t want it to end up in the storm drains when you wash the area.
- Use a pressure washer to rid your parking lot of moss, oil stains, gum and stubborn dirt. Not doing this could lead to slippery and unsafe conditions. (Loading and unloading goods also becomes extremely dangerous.) The risk is greater during freezing rain or frigid temperatures.
- Clean your drains, gutters and downspouts. Blocked drains are often the result of not cleaning up in the fall. Also test to see that the drains are working the way they’re supposed to. Clogs force the water to find other channels of drainage. In addition, ponding or flooding can damage your expensive hardscapes.
- Maintaining a clean parking lot throughout the winter will reduce indoor maintenance as less dirt will find its way inside your buildings.
Fall cleanup and winter preparation of parking lots and drainage takes time and effort. An established landscape maintenance company has trained staff and the right tools to accomplish the task quickly and efficiently.
Appoint an experienced landscape maintenance company for professional winter preparation of your parking lots and drainage.
Hardscapes serve multiple needs. In addition to enhancing your overall landscape design, they are also an effective form of erosion control. All you need is an experienced landscape contractor to expertly plan and install your hardscape.
- Hardscapes for erosion control
Soil erosion affects the grass, plants and trees, alters grading and drainage patterns and threatens the stability of structures in your landscape. Installing erosion control pavers for parking lots, pathways and pavements, flower bed edges and retaining walls will minimize soil erosion. Hire an established landscape contractor who understands your hardscape needs.
- Hardscapes for landscape design
Well-planned hardscapes bring style and character to your landscape. Patterned pavers for your entryway, pathways, sidewalks and parking lots add detail and interest brightening up the entire area. Aesthetically designed retaining walls for your boundary or pool will give it a finished look. Make sure your landscape contractor installs hardscapes that blend harmoniously into your landscape design.
- Hiring a landscape contractor for hardscape design and installation
Whether you’re installing a hardscape for soil erosion or landscape design, fulfilling your requirements depends on the capabilities of the landscape contractor you hire. Selecting the right material and design, and professional installations improve the look and reduce maintenance requirements while enhancing durability and lifespan.
Hire an experienced landscape contractor to design your hardscape for erosion control.
Commercial landscape lighting plays two important roles: function and design. The right kind of illumination will create visual interest, prevent injuries and keep commercial premises safe from prowlers.
- Outdoor lighting for safety and security – See and be seen
The primary purpose of any commercial lighting system is to illuminate pathways, parking lots and entryways. Well-lit exteriors will help prevent accidents and keep employees and visitors safe. Good lighting on the outside is also a deterrent to intruders and vandals, thereby protecting your commercial property from damage.
Spotlights and floodlights are ideal choices for entrances, exits and walkways. They reduce dark corners and shadows, minimize concealment and can help prevent crime. However, one must take care to avoid glaring or blinding lights. They can cause serious vision impairment.
- Landscape lighting for design – Wow them with beautiful night light
Professionally planned landscape lighting enhances the design and beauty of your outdoor space. Strategically placed downlights, spotlights and floodlights draw attention to special features like fountains, ponds, an exotic flower bed, statues, etc. Uplights on a tree or building architecture, or accent lighting for the rock garden; the possibilities are endless.
Landscape lighting for employee safety and improved landscape design requires experience. Landscape size and use (traffic areas, parking) determine the kind of illumination you need. Improper placement or the wrong type of lighting is a waste of money and a drain on energy.
Engage an experienced landscaper to plan and install your commercial landscape lighting that will improve your landscape design and ensure employee safety outdoors.