Common irrigation design and installation guidelines for Commercial Landscaping
Even though common irrigation design and installation guidelines are not difficult to follow, large scale adoption of these best practices is yet to happen. Every year in July the demand for water required for irrigation is at its peak. As a property owner or commercial complex manager, you can do your part to conserve water resources by installing a well designed irrigation system; one that is adapted to the local needs and is economical, practical and sustainable.
At Flora Terra Landscape Management Services of San Jose, CA, we follow the best practices guidelines for irrigation system design and installation laid down by the Irrigation Association. Our experienced irrigation technicians design and install sustainable irrigation systems that help maintain a healthy and sustainable landscape without exceeding the water requirements of the landscape.
Call us today at 408-275-1200 or fill out our online form to schedule an appointment. We can help you adopt common irrigation design and installation guidelines to save you money and aid your efforts to save the environment.
Flora Terra provides expert irrigation system design and installation services for commercial complexes, medical campuses, business parks, retail and industrial properties, estate properties and home owners’ associations in all areas of San Jose and The Bay Area.
Your sustainable irrigation system design plan will:
- Meet all applicable state and local codes including plumbing and electrical codes.
- Specify manufacturer, model, type, and size of all components to eliminate ambiguity at construction and to facilitate management of the system.
- Minimize installation and maintenance difficulties
- Identify a water source that meets peak demands and ensure protection of the water source in accordance with state and local requirements.
- Specify a metering device for commercial and residential installations
- Design the layout of heads and other emission devices for zero over spray across or onto a street, public driveway or sidewalk, parking area, building, fence, or adjoining property
- Use drip/micro-irrigation where appropriate to reduce evaporation losses and surface runoff
- Provide a monthly irrigation water budget
While installing your irrigation system, we at Flora Terra
- Ensure that installation does not start until all underground utilities are located and marked
- Verify that the point of connection, flow rate, and static and dynamic pressures meet design criteria
- Inform the property owner and irrigation designer of unusual or abnormal soil conditions which may impact the design and management of the irrigation system
- Ensure that any changes are within design performance specifications in cases where deviations from the design are required
- Test the irrigation system to confirm that it meets the design criteria
- Perform an irrigation audit
- Explain to the end user (or owner) the location and operation of the controller, valves, sensors, pressure regulators, backflow device, sprinkler heads, and drip/micro-irrigation devices
- Provide the end user (or owner) with recommendations for landscape water conservation
As property owners, you play a key role in managing and maintaining irrigation systems. To ensure optimum performance of your irrigation systems, demand that your irrigation systems are designed and installed for efficient and uniform distribution of water.
Call us today at 408-275-1200 or fill out our online form to schedule an appointment.