Water Efficient Landscaping
Water Efficient Landscaping | Drought Tolerant Landscapes
Serving : San Jose | Santa Clara | Sunnyvale | Fremont | Morgan Hill | and the Bay Area
Flora Terra has helped numerous Bay Area business parks, commercial complexes, estates and home owner associations convert to water efficient/sustainable landscaping. We offer effective landscape and water management techniques using the right equipment without over extending your resources or budget.
Call us at 408.275-1200 or fill out our online form to schedule an appointment in Redwood City, Palo Alto, Cupertino, Santa Clara, San Jose, Morgan Hill, Milpitas, Fremont, Pleasanton and Walnut Creek.
Water efficient landscaping is the ideal solution to fast depleting resources and California’s history of drought. Garden and lawn care account for a tremendous increase in demand especially during the summer months. The EPA (US Environmental Protection Agency) urges us to adopt water-wise, water-smart, low-water or water efficient landscaping to remedy the situation. Californians who practice sustainable landscaping and water management can easily avoid over-use penalties and reduce landscape maintenance cost.
How Flora Terra can help you install and maintain a sustainable landscape?
- Creative and colorful landscape designs that include compatible low-water use plants.
- Install latest water-efficient irrigation systems and water management controls including tracking usage and savings.
- Efficient green waste management like mulching to reduce chemical use and minimize amount of waste going to landfills.
- Meticulous landscape maintenance including plant and tree fertilization, tree care, deep root and shrub feeding.
What does water efficient landscaping involve?
The EPA suggests…
- Landscape design that includes soil and climate appropriate plant selection
- Grouping plants according to the amount of water they require
- Planting native, low-water-use flora and fauna
- Water-efficient irrigation systems
- Limiting turf/grass to where required
- Scheduling irrigation wisely to avoid water wastage
- Good quality soil
- Recycling green waste as mulch and fertilizer to reduce landfill
- Regular landscape maintenance to ensure healthy growth
FloraTerra arborists and landscape professionals are dedicated to enhancing the look of your outdoor spaces while reducing your cost.
Phone 408.275-1200 for a water-efficient landscaping consultation in San Jose, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Fremont and South Counties.